Rich is business leader and former elected official and provides organizations with strategic planning and communications guidance, along with a deep understanding of legislative policy and community engagement.
Cline founded Voce Communications with Dave Black and Jeff Urquhart and led its growth to one of the top five independent communications firms in the greater San Francisco Bay Area and, ultimately, managed the the sale of the company to Omnicom/Porter Novelli. At Porter Novelli, Cline served as global technology leader.
Rich has served as mayor of Menlo Park three times during his 12-year and three-term city council career. During his tenure on Menlo Park’s city council, Cline led multiple complex development negotiations, served on several regional transit and environmental committees.
At Notion, Rich focuses on corporate reputation and strategy, crisis management and executive communications along with public and government affairs.
Rich has counseled hundreds of companies from seed stage to Fortune 100 and across technology, consumer/retail, biotech/healthcare and green energy industries.
- If I were a kitchen utensil: Super Bass-o-matic 76.
- Your superhero power: Making one sock disappear in every wash.
- Dogs or Cats? Yes.
- Tea or Coffee? Yes, please.
- Mountains or Beaches? I’ve watched Beaches from a mountain cabin. So, yes.
- Mornings or Evenings? Evenings. KISS said it best. “I like to rock n’ roll all night”, and part of every day.